Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Quick Thought on the US Election

Still bleary eyed from staying up to watch the US election results, but it was worth it on so many levels. First of all, the guy I was pulling for won, so yay on that, but mainly I stayed up to watch the talking heads blithering back and forth - and also to watch CNN's John King work the magic board. Win on all fronts!

With regards to the acceptance speech, who the heck was that guy? O's speech was full of fire and passion sadly lacking during campaign 2012. He looked downright Presidential! Had that version shown up earlier on the trail, the beat-down would have been even more epic.


2 comments:

  1. While I agree that the acceptance speech was great, and I personally like that style of oratory (when it's coming from someone whose policies I like), I wonder if it's true that had he been as fiery during the campaign he would have had more success; I have often thought that Obama has to walk a tightrope here to avoid looking too fiery, too passionate, too easily misconstrued as being the "angry black man". I also get the sense that he's just naturally a reserved guy. But what do I know?

    One thing I do know! He won and I'm very, very glad he did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it must have killed you having to paint that alternate cover for the NY Observer (the one with Romney crossing the finish line ahead of Obama). Makes for an interesting curio in your otherwise wonderful portfolio.

      Delete